Friday, November 19, 2010

Ripe for the harvest



I drive past fields of wheat every morning and evening, and this shot I took one evening as I was driving over the pass back into Riebeek Kasteel. The sun was just going down behind me, and the fields were glowing gold against the blue sky. Luckily I took the opportunity to take the shot as the very next day the wheat was already harvested into round bales that stretched to the horizon - that will be my next project.

One note on this shot is that I wish I had come prepared with my polariser and graduated filter as it would have improved the shot immensely.

Image details:

Date: 10 November 2010

Single image: Yes

Camera: Canon 7D
Lens: 15-85mm Canon USM
Focal Length: 24
F-Stop: 11
Exposure: 1/100sec
ISO: 250
Program mode: Manual

Extras -

Flash: No
Tripod: No
Shutter Release: No
Filter: UV Filter

No comments:

Post a Comment