Thursday, September 2, 2010

Fire Walker



I took this shot by chance. We had been fighting a runaway forest fire on a neighbouring farm, and had just managed to get it under control. The sun was going down swiftly and I hadn't managed to get any good shots during the day. We were actually leaving the farm as I glanced in the review mirror and saw this guy emerge from the forest carrying a can of coke looking exasperated. I hopped out of the bakkie(truck), framed up and took a single shot. Still one of my favourites to date.

Image details:

Single image: Yes

Camera: Canon 40D
Lens: 17-85mm Canon USM
Focal Length: 85
F-Stop: 5.6
Exposure: 1/1000sec
ISO: 160
Program mode: Manual

Extras -

Flash: No
Tripod: No
Shutter Release: No
Filter: Kenko UV Filter

1 comment:

  1. Awesome Cam - Your "Firewalker" is stunning and as for the "Shiraz Country" - say no more!

    ReplyDelete